Sitting next to a writing team at the communal table. They’re trying to decide on their next project, but they keep getting distracted. Topics include:
- Why the sound of running water makes you pee?
- Whether it’s necessary to have the “are we a couple” conversation after three dates?
- Lit agents only care about the title. What’s in the script really doesn’t matter all that much.
- Surfer pilots have been “done to death” on TV, but at the same time “there aren’t any surfer shows on the air, so maybe we have a shot.”
- Neither member of the two-man team has ever been surfing.
- A woman in line has a “serious booty” that merits further discussion in their Google Hangout.
- Ideas that are like Two and a Half Men are like gold — very valuable, but also rare.
- It would be funny to do a show about an older guy who doesn’t know about computers and the Internet, but he has to go to work for his son, who owns a technology company.
- As soon as their agent gets them a deal somewhere, they’ll be able to sell a lot of their weaker ideas.